EVERY DAY IS A CELEBRATION AT CULPITT AND SUGARFAYRE!
Birthdays. Weddings. Christenings. Bar mitzvah. Celebrations happen every day. Throw in seasonal celebrations - Halloween, Christmas, Easter… We’re pretty busy here at Culpitt and Sugarfayre helping people to celebrate. And even when there’s not a special occasion, we believe cake is always a good idea!
Every great cake requires the best cake supplies, and that’s why we’re here. From professional independent cake decorators to high street bakeries, from online retailers, food service outlets and supermarkets, we supply products to help make the world's best cakes. (We don’t make cakes though!)
From our roots as a family business founded in 1921, Culpitt has been based in Ashington, Northumberland, since 1947. We have grown to become the UK’s leading cake decoration manufacturer and wholesaler employing over 230 local people. We are owned by DecoPac, the world’s largest supplier of cake decorations based in Minneapolis, USA.
We occupy two large sites here in Ashington. Culpitt is the UK headquarters where we design, source, manufacture and deliver products that service sugarcrafters and cake makers across the world. We produce hand-finished cake boards on site here, and are supported by state-of-the-art warehouse and distribution operations.
At Sugarfayre, our second site, we manufacture innovative edible cake decorations to BRC standards. A combination of automation mixed with highly skilled hand finishing processes keeps us at the forefront of supply to many industrial bakeries throughout the world.
It is a fast paced and innovative environment driven by demand for top quality products that meet ever-changing customer and consumer needs.
Areas of employment:
Sales and Marketing
Generations of local families have been at the core of our success over the last 100 years. As the business grows, recruitment of enthusiastic local people is key and we remain keen to welcome and develop new talent. Scroll down to review our current vacancies and to find out how to get in touch.
We're looking for motivated people to join our team and currently have the following vacancies at Culpitt and Sugarfayre.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a short covering note. Please use the job title you're interested in applying for in the subject line of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Title: Culpitt Warehouse Operator
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
- To accurately pick and pack orders
- To accurately check off deliveries and replenish stock
- To work in a safe and proficient manner
- To understand and conform to all company rules and standards
- To keep the workplace clean and tidy, and safe to work in
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed and recorded where required
- To use all personal protective equipment issued where appropriate
- To work in accordance with company policies, procedures and good practice at all times
- To provide cover in other areas where required
- To follow instruction from line manager promptly
- To challenge existing practises and suggest improvements wherever possible
- To ensure Daily Pre-Operation FLT Check is completed prior to use of the truck
Previous Warehouse experience and the use of barcode scanning equipment is essential.
The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variations may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
Job Title: Sugarfayre Production Operative
Reports to: Shift Production Supervisor
Overall Objective of Role
Work within the production team to achieve high standards and meet targets. Carry out any other reasonable tasks required by Shift Production Supervisor in association with above stated role.
- Operate production equipment
- Pack customer products as per required specification
- Complete basic quality checks to ensure all product is produced to an acceptable quality standard set by the Company
- General production duties
- Report any problems with ingredients, raw materials, paperwork or labels
- Some duties will involve lifting of product/raw materials
- Assist in maintaining high GMP standards and ensure food hygiene is adhered to
- Ensure housekeeping and clean as you go approach is maintained in your work area
- Maintain the hygiene standards as detailed in the Company Personal Hygiene Policy
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills in order to become multi-skilled
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety
- General duties outlined by your shift production supervisor
The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variations may also occur to the duties responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.